joinmyjourney.org is operated by Ecosurety Limited - protecting and respecting your privacy is at the top of our agenda.
Data security protection
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Ecosurety Limited, company number 04713606 whose registered address is 1190 Park Avenue, Aztec West, Bristol, BS32 4FP. Ecosurety is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Z2483537)
When you visit joinmyjourney.org (including any sub-domain), we collect personal information about you. This policy provides you with information about:
· What personal information we collect
· How and why we collect it
· How we protect it
· How you can access it
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information you voluntarily give us, for example when you register to use our site, create your profile, participate in discussion boards, enter into a competition, provide responses to a survey or when you report a problem with our site. This can include:
· Your full name
· Your email address
· Your car registration plate
· Your gender
· Your journey times
· Your preferences including whether you allow eating, smoking or music in your vehicle
· A brief description of your journey (“Journey details”) that can include a brief description of yourself, however we recommend that you do not provide information from which you could be personally identified
· To ensure your safety and the safety of other users of the site we also store the following information on our databases:
o the co-ordinates of the start and end point of each of your journeys; and
o the conversations you have with other users via the site.
We automatically collect other technical information when you visit our website too, including:
· your IP address
· login information
· browser type and version
· operating system
· time zone
· pages you have visited on our website
· services you have searched for
· page interactions
· phone numbers used to call our customer service number
How do we use your personal information?
We will only use your information to:
· Provide the service on the site and to provide you with the information and services as required or that you request from us (e.g. we will use your email address to tell you when another user has messaged you about sharing a journey)
· Notify you about changes to our service
· Validate your email address and confirm your eligibility to use our site.
· Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
· Improve our site and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
· Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· Keep our site safe and secure
· Ensure users’ safety when making journeys and communicating with other users.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any of the services we provide
· Analytics and search engine providers that help us improve our website
We will never sell your data. We may however disclose your information if:
· We sell or buy any business or assets
· If Ecosurety Ltd and its assets are acquired by a third party
How long do we keep your personal information?
· We only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for us to do so.
· When we no longer require your personal information, and there is no need to retain it for safety or legal reasons, we will either delete it from our systems or depersonalise it so that you cannot be identified.
Where we store your personal data
All information you pass to us is stored on secure servers and may be transferred to or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). You agree to this by submitting information to us.
Where we have
given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access
certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password
confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Ecosurety Limited,1190 Park Avenue, Aztec West, Bristol, BS32 4FP or email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to find out what data we have about you
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Data Protection Officer, Ecosurety, 1190 Park Avenue, Aztec West, Bristol, BS32 4FP.
We will send you the information that you request within a maximum of 20 working days and we are happy to correct any inaccuracies that you inform us about. This service is usually free of charge, however in some circumstances we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’.
We use secure SSL certification to encrypt all our web pages, including sensitive personal information that you enter in our web forms before it is then sent to us. We store and manage this information securely to prevent unauthorised access.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files recorded in temporary Internet folders on your PC. They help us to understand how people use our website so that we can improve our services.
Cookies record no personal data, can't read your hard disk, can't be used to create computer viruses, and can't fill up your hard drive. You can read more about cookies uses and risks on Wikipedia.
Our business is paper-free, as far as is practically possible. As such we use email to communicate in writing as much as possible.
In the case of marketing communications, we will always allow you to unsubscribe from this form of communication within the email itself or by logging into your account in joinmyjourney.
Last updated: 18 May 2018
Back to search page